The Master Plan for Tourism Development (SDAT) has drawn, through has map of the training, the hand lines of the development strategy training in the tourism and hospitality trades which aim at the adaptation of the national offer of training in the jobs and the occupations of the tourism and the hotel business to the requirements of the development of the sector, in particular by improving the skills and performance of the human resource and providing better supervision for the management and management of tourism activities.
As such, the "map of training of the tourism sector " which is a translation of these axes, set the objectives and an operational approach to their achievement
OBJECTIVES OF THE "TRAINING CARD OF THE TOURISM SECTOR"
- Estimate the national offer of technical and professional training in the tourism
- Analyze the evolution of staff trained in the jobs by the tourism,
- Define the real needs for training in the sector
- Assure a geographical distribution, by Tourist Pole, trainings distributed in the various jobs by the tourism
- Ensure coverage of the entire national territory, through an accessible technical and professional training device,
- Define new training streams, adapted to the evolutions observed in the tourism sector
- Modernize the training apparatus in tourism and improve its quality and performance, to bring it into line with international standards in the field
- Adapt the content and programs of technical and vocational training, in the trades and professions of tourism, to the real needs of the sector
- Ensure optimal management of the material and human resources reserved for the training component
- Assure a coherence of the device of training in the occupations and the jobs by the tourism, within the framework of a partnership associating establishments under the supervision of the sectors of the Tourism, the Higher education and the Vocational training, with the aim of the better planning of the national offer of training in the tourism
ACTIONS TO BE UNDERTAKEN
So that the sector of the tourism can play its role of socioeconomic actor, It is recommended that what follows
1-1- L’Ecole Nationale Supérieure du Tourisme (ENST):
- Maintain its status as a school oriented towards the higher level of training of managers in the hotel and tourism industry (Single License in Hospitality and Tourism Management).
- Widen its actions towards specialized training of oriented executives for the tourism research (by the opening of a Post-graduation Specialized in particular).
- Successfully complete the file related to the validation of the degree of "License in Hotel and Tourism Management" (in consultation with the Ministry of Higher Education).
1-2- The national institutes of hotel and tourism of Tizi-Ouzou and Boussaâda:
- Maintain their status as institutes oriented towards the level of training of "Technician Superior" in the professions of the hotel and tourism.
- Broaden their field of action through:
- The creation of new sectors and options of sectors, which the sector needs (in particular the sector of "Guide of the Tourism", the various trades related to the Hosting such as Floors, the Conciergerie ...).
- The opening of a Diploma of Specialized Studies (D.E.S), in professional vocation, in Hotel and catering industry, intended for the holders of "senior technician's" diploma in these domains. Technicians' ""training in the basic jobs by the hotel business and by the tourism In respect of several sectors
- La formation de « Techniciens » dans les métiers de base de l’hôtellerie et du tourisme
- The standardization of the list the nomenclature of professions and trades of tourism, the accreditation of professional prior learning and the development of the in-service training
- The conclusion of a "Framework Convention" with the Ministry of Higher Education, for the development of research in tourism and the introduction of the "Tourism" sector in the university curriculum
- The development of common actions to inculcate "Tourist Culture" in children.
- Conclude a "Framework Convention" with the Ministry of Health, to develop continuing education in professions related to hydrotherapy and thalassotherapy.
- Conclude a "Framework Convention" with the Ministry of Employment, to develop joint actions for the professional integration of young graduates in the tourism, hotel and catering professions.
- Revision of curricula and pedagogical methods in order to adapt them to changes in tourist activity and techniques
- Improving the quality of tools and teaching materials.
- The institution of a " Intersectorial Standing committee " (Tourism / Higher education / Vocational training) loaded the ratification and the updating of training programs.
- Renovation and upgrading of educational equipment
- The extension of the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) including the staffing of each training institution of a "Multimedia Library"
- The use of "ICT" for continuing education programs, distance education or access to information.
- Ensure continuous improvement of the professional skills of trainers..
- Ensuring a succession of the technical faculty.
- Development and implementation of training programs and upgrading of training institutions, particularly in terms of mastering modern management techniques.
- The development of study tours.
- The development of partnerships with tourism companies to provide practical training for the benefit of learners.
- The provision of specific equipment for teaching languages (language laboratories).
- The teaching of the most widely spoken foreign languages in the world.
- The qualification and recognition of diplomas, through a "Public-Private" partnership and the adhesion of private training institutions to a "Charter of Training in Tourism Professions" (developed and adopted in a concerted framework with the various actors).
- The follow-up of the educational services supplied by approved private institutions (jointly by the Ministry in charge of the Tourism and the Ministry in charge of the Vocational training). As such, there is good reason to modify the executive decree N 01-419 of December 20th, 2001 fixing the conditions of creation, opening and control of the private institutions of vocational training (to make represent the sector of the Tourism in the component of the committee of enjoyment of wilaya planned by the article 10 of the aforementioned decree).
- Awarding scholarships to the winners (promotions majors).
- The promotion of the research and the valuable granting of merit.
- The implementation of the continuing training program for tourism company staff (hotels, spas, tourism and travel agencies and classified restaurants) involved in the "Tourism Quality Plan" process.
- Conclude a "Agreement" with the Management company of the Participations of the State " GESTOUR ", in the effect to implement training program continues staffs practicing at the level of the tourist companies being of GESTOUR.
- The revision of the decrees of under guardianship creation of establishments (ENST, INTHT and CHT) to allow them the opening of appendices and the extension of their missions.
- The revision of the decrees fixing the regime of the studies of the institutes under guardianship (ENST, INTHT and CHT), for the training in new qualifications and specialties.
- The elaboration of the executive decree establishing the National Institute of Hotel and Tourism Techniques of Ain-Temouchent, as well as the decree fixing the study regime.
- The revision of the decree creating the ENST, with a view to adapting it to the status of higher education and its relocation to Tipaza (once the infrastructure is built).
- Develop a technical support with the World Tourism Organization, to certify the superior training dispensed by the ENST.
- Acquire scholarships for the benefit of learners and trainers in the framework of bilateral and multilateral cooperation.
- Develop exchange and twinning actions with similar training institutions abroad.
See the card of training in PDF